Trio Anima - Between Earth and Sea
Trio Anima - Between Earth and Sea (to be released 18 November)
The Trio formed in 2006 while the artists were students at Guildhall School of Music and Drama. They have each since become leading solo, chamber and orchestral performers, in demand on concert platforms across the UK and Europe – alongside which the Trio itself has flourished, delighting audiences, winning awards and commissioning new work. This album encapsulates Trio Anima’s musical personality: celebrating the new, alongside enduring repertoire.
This recording champions both brand new British music and enduring repertoire: specially commissioned works from Eloise Gynn and Ashley John Long sit alongside music by distinguished composers Sally Beamish and Hilary Tann, a classic from Arnold Bax, and the Trio's own re-imaginings of John Dowland and traditional folk songs.
- Arnold Bax (1883-1953) | Elegiac Trio (1916)
- Ashley John Long (1986) | Somewhere Becoming Rain (2021)
- arr. Matthew Featherstone | Y Gwŷdd (2021)
- Sally Beamish (1956) | Between Earth and Sea (1997)
- John Dowland (c.1563-1626) arr. Trio Anima | Flow, my tears (1600)
- arr. Rosalind Ventris | Kingsfold (2021)
- Eloise Gynn (1985) | Song for an Ancient Tree (2021)
- Aindrias Mac Craith (c.1710-c.1795) arr. Anne-Marie O’Farrell | Slán le Máigh (2021)
- Hilary Tann (1947) | From the Song of Amergin (1995)